Sunday, June 22, 2008

Calamity Zac!

Up Close and personal with Zac's stitches, if you look closely, you can see the blood in his hair by his ear!
He is pretty proud of his "Battle Scar!"
This is my baby with his bandage and ice pack after I further injured him, I guess I am Calamity Cayla!

Yesterday was quite an exciting day for the Eikeland family! First, Thor got his first haircut at Mrs. Debbie's, then while mom and I were visiting Granny and running errands for the birthday party, we got the phone call. Zac got hit in the head with a golf club and Curry was rushing him to the emergency room. Mom panicked, and my heart sank and I said "no, I am calling Dr. Skipper, (he is the doctor I work with). After many calls and tracking down, Dr. Skipper met us at the clinic and Zac got 7 stitches in his little forehead. He was pretty nervous about the numbing thing because he hates shots, but after he braved through that, it was smooth sailing. I was so greatful that Dr. Skipper did that for us because Zac loves him and he was not near as afraid. Ok, back to how this happened, I left Zac with my dad, and then he left him with my brother Curry and his friend Justin, mistake #1 . Obviously the level of supervision was pretty poor and when two boys ages 6 and 10 are playing with real golf clubs, not a good combination. Curry said Jeremy ran over and said "it was an accident, I hit him with the golf ball and he is hurt!" Curry didn't really think much of it and went on about his buisness. Then Justin saw Zac on the ground with one hand on his head, and one hand full of blood and ran around the corner yelling " he's hurt bad Curry, he's hurt really bad" Curry dropped everything in his hands and started running to Zac. Justin had already pulled of his "white" shirt and had it on his head, Curry pulled off his shirt and added it to the pile. Needless to say, it was an adventure! Then, later that evening after the party, I didn't know Zac was behind me and I turned around and elbowed him RIGHT where he had gotten stitches earlier in the day! Almost immediately a huge goose egg popped up and scared mom and I to death. I called the doctor back and had to put a pressure dressing on it and wrap his head and put ice on it.
It was kind of funny because when my cousin Jessica and I were little, we were playing golf and I hit her in the head with a golf club. I guess that was payback for me. Poor little Zac!

3 comments:

LESLIE said...

You're such a good mom Cayla! So many posts!! Tell Little Zac I've been hit in the face with a golf club as well! That's why I have a nice "dimple" right under my eye when I wink! : )

Kayleigh and Brian said...

I'm sorry Zac had to get the brunt of Jessica's payback! I'm glad he's doing better!!!

Jessica said...

Yeah It's not fair that Zac got hit in the head! That should have been for you! HAHA