Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Eddie Joe the Rooster!

Zac and Eddie Joe
Zac,Pop, Eddie Joe and the dogs
This is Eddie Joe, my dad's prize rooster! To make a long story short, there is a man in Hosford named Eddie Joe White who is running for Sheriff in Liberty County. Since this is the first rooster in dad's batch of chickens to develop his little rooster comb on his head and everything and since his feathers are white in color, dad decided it would be cool to name him Eddie Joe White. As most of you know, my dad is a little on the odd side, but you gotta love him! So, anyway, I have been laughing about Eddie Joe for days because dad brought him in my house one morning. So, dad brought him to my cousin Jessica's birthday lst night for the kids to see and he sent me back on the golf cart to put this chicken back in the pen. Aunt Darlene and baby Thor were riding with me and I was holding the chicken. He started trying to escape and attack me and I was screaming and squeezing him tighter, and then Aunt Darlene had to steer and I was still screaming and then he stopped moving and his head flopped back and he closed his eyes and I thought he was dead! I was shaking him and screaming "Eddie Joe, WAKE UP! Eddie Joe, don't die!" He lifted his head up once and looked at me and then flopped it right back again. Then I put him in the pen and he was fine. It was so bizarre! Thor was looking at us like we were crazy, because I was screaming and Aunt Darlene was laughing! But I checked on him today and Eddie Joe is alive and well!

5 comments:

Chaille' said...

Hello Eddie Joe!! I love it! Only you Cayla!

LESLIE said...

If only I could've been there!! That is the funniest thing ever! Does this mean you're gonna vote for Eddie Joe White??

LESLIE said...

Oh yeah, I LOVE the pic of Little Zac and Chris...ADORABLE!!

Jessica said...

That was the funny crap!! I could hear you scream all the way to your house! ohh yea.. You failed to mention in your blog that Eddie Joe pooped on you! HAHA!!

Kayleigh and Brian said...

That story is hilarious!! Poor Eddie Joe!
So, were you really screaming because he was trying to get away, or because he pooped on you???