Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ok, I tried to put some clip art on here to make it a little more interesting, but I am a little bit slow today. I try not to post without a picture, but this story was worth telling with or without a photo! Anyway, the other night when Zac and I got home, I went through the kitchen in the process of shucking off my pants to get into my PJ's. I was in the laundry room when I saw what at the time looked like a gigantic sewer rat run across my kitchen floor! I screamed and jumped on my bed and Zac was looking at me like I was crazy. I told him to bring me the phone and get on the bed with me. I didn't want us to get eaten! I called and told mom that dad had to come right now and find the rat and get it out of my house! He came over and looked everywhere in my kitchen and found NOTHING! I guess he figured out how to get under my house or he was a super hider. I found an old glue trap that I had just thrown away and put it in front of the dishwasher where he went when I saw him. Of course I wasn't going to sleep with that vicious creature in MY house! I stayed up on the couch until about 1am I heard the little sucker get stuck in the glue! I slowly peeked around the corner and saw the rat wiggling around trying to get off the glue! I called and told mom that I was really sorry, but that dad just HAD to come over and get that trap out of my house because I just couldn't lay there and listen to that for the rest of the night! So, my dad, being the great dad that he is came over and got the trap and the tiny mouse out of my house. How sweet! Then everyone on Facebook decided to tease me all night and tell me that he probably had friends that would come out later. Needless to say I got very little if any sleep that night! The next night I slept at mom and dad's and now I guess I am finally not looking around every corner looking for rodents! I am so glad that everyone got so much laughter at my expense! What great friends I have! I hope y'all have enjoyed another chapter in my most interesting and adventurous life!

No comments: